The Agricultural Innovation MKTPlace is an international initiative supported by several partners with the aim of connecting Brazilian, African, Latin American, and Caribbean specialists and institutions to jointly develop research projects for development.
The MKTPlace comprises three basic pillars:
- A policy dialogue involving the main African, Latin American, Caribbean, and Brazilian authorities that support institutions focused on the development of a common environment for collaboration;
- A forum to strengthen capacities, present and discuss research ideas, and consolidate research projects for development that are supported by the MKTPlace;
- Joint research in agriculture for development projects.
The Agricultural Innovation MKTPlace aims at benefitting smallholders and making innovation possible through collaboration between Africa, Latin America, and the Caribbean, and Brazil.
- Agriculture is vital for the economies of Africa, Latin America, the Caribbean, and Brazil. The exchange of knowledge and technologies is facilitated due to similarities in their cultures, climate, ecosystems, and agricultural practices.
- The growth and development in Brazilian agriculture have been based in research for development.
- The role of agriculture in development has been recognized in Africa, Latin America, the Caribbean, and Brazil through initiatives such as the New Partnership for Africa's Development's (NEPAD's) Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Programme (CAADP).
Access the MKTPlace page here: www.mktplace.org/site